Besides the optical attributes, this lens sports a ring-type USM for quick and quiet autofocus performance and full-time manual focus override. Its durable physical construction is dust- and moisture-sealed, and a fluorine coating has been added to the exposed elements to guard against fingerprints and smudging.
- Wide-angle 35mm lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 56mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords significant control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- The Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics element virtually eliminates color fringing and chromatic aberrations by refracting shorter wavelengths of the visible spectrum (blue light).
- A pair of aspherical elements and one UD element also help to control aberrations and distortions for sharper, clearer image quality. A Sub Wavelength Coating has been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Fluorine-coating on exposed elements affords protection to the optical system, resists smudging and fingerprints, and is easier to clean.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
In the Box:
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM Lens
- Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Soft Lens Case