Complementing the sensor and processor, the RP also sports a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder along with a rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor for easier viewing from high and low angles. Additionally, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow for wireless remote camera control along with direct image sharing to linked mobile devices.
Canon RF Lens Mount
The EOS RP features the RF lens mount, which support Canon's line of RF-mount lenses. This mount is characterized by its wide 54mm diameter and short 20mm flange-back distance, which promotes the ability to design lenses that are both faster and smaller than their SLR equivalents. The mount also incorporates a 12-pin electronic contact system for more sophisticated autofocus and image stabilization capabilities. This mount design also lends full compatibility to existing EF and EF-S-mount lenses via an optional EF-EOS R Mount Adapter.
26.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
A large 26.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor is featured and serves as an ideal balance between high-resolution output, low-light performance, and high-speed capabilities. When paired with the DIGIC 8 image processor, the EOS RP has a wide native sensitivity range from ISO 100-40000 for working in a variety of lighting conditions. Additionally, continuous shooting up to 5 fps is possible for working with moving subjects.
- Integrated 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder affords a bright and clear means for eye-level viewing.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD features a vari-angle design for easier use when working from high, low, and front-facing angles. It is also a touchscreen for intuitive control over shooting, playback, and menu navigation controls.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity enable wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device via the Canon Camera Connect app, which also supports geotagging your files using your mobile device's location data.
- In-camera charging over USB is supported for easier on-the-go charging.
Included with the camera body is the compact and flexible RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM lens; a standard zoom covering wide-angle to short telephoto focal lengths with a variable maximum aperture that helps to maintain an impressively sleek form factor. Complementing the versatile design is a unique Center Macro Focus position, which enables working with close-up subjects at a 1:2 maximum magnification ratio, and an Optical Image Stabilizer also helps to achieve sharp imagery by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. Also, an STM motor affords impressively quiet and smooth autofocus performance and full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a configurable Control Ring lets you adjust exposure settings, including ISO, aperture, and exposure compensation, from the lens itself.
In the Box
- Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Lens
- Canon LP-E17 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
- Canon LC-E17 Charger for LP-E17 Battery Pack
- Canon R-F-5 Camera Cover
- ER-EOSRP Strap