Complementing the imaging capabilities, the E-M1 Mark II also sports a durable magnesium alloy design that is weather-resistant for working in harsh climates. The body also features both a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.04m-dot vari-angle LCD touchscreen for intuitive control and working from a variety of angles. Built-in Wi-Fi further expands sharing and remote shooting capabilities, and dual SD card slots and a USB 3.0 Type C port expand file saving and tethered shooting options.
20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor
A high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor pair to avail notably fast shooting performance, along with impressive image quality, an expanded sensitivity range up to ISO 25600, and 4K video recording capabilities. Ideal for sports and wildlife shooting, the sensor and processor combination avails a full-resolution, raw file continuous shooting rate of 60 fps when working with the silent electronic shutter function and single-shot AF, or 18 fps with continuous autofocus. If working with the mechanical shutter, up to 15 fps with single-shot AF is possible.
DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording and Time-Lapse Movie Mode
The sensor and processor also support recording both DCI (4096 x 2160) and UHD (3840 x 2160) 4K movies. When working in DCI, a true 24.00 fps frame rate is used, along with IPB compression and a 237 Mbps bit-rate, and UHD 4K is available in frame rates up to 30p and a 102 Mbps bit-rate. Full HD 1080p and HD 720p recording is also supported. Audio recording is possible using the built-in stereo microphone, however both an external mic jack and headphone jack are available for improved audio monitoring.
In addition to video recording, a Time-lapse Movie mode is also available for recording up to 4K UHD resolution with a 5 fps shooting rate to highlight subject changes or movement over a longer period of time. Full HD and HD time-lapse settings are available, too.
Pro Capture Mode
Helping to ensure you don't miss the shot, Pro Capture Mode is a unique setting that starts recording and buffering full-resolution JPEG or raw images prior to fully depressing the shutter. As soon as you press the shutter button halfway, frames will begin to be recorded, and once you fully press the shutter, the image will be saved in addition to the previous 35 frames. Additionally, you can hold the shutter button in this mode to keep shooting continuously using the silent electronic shutter function.
Dual F.A.S.T. Autofocus and Focus Controls
A Dual F.A.S.T. autofocus system combines both 121 on-chip phase-detection points and 121 contrast detection areas for focusing performance that is both quick and accurate. All 121 phase-detection points are cross-type, too, for improved precision in mixed lighting conditions, as well as enhanced subject tracking capabilities. A single button can be used to switch between focusing modes, including all point, single point, 9-point group, and 5-point cross, and a Subject Tracking Cluster Display utilized continuous AF for fast-moving subject tracking. In contrast, manual focus users are benefitted by live view magnification and focus peaking controls for greater accuracy.
5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
In-body, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5.5 stops with any lens in use and compensates for camera movements that become especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots, macro imagery, and long exposures. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across five axes to compensate for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and rolling camera shake movement. This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Additionally, image stabilization can also be used when framing shots, for more accurate compositions, by half-pressing the shutter button.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and an S-OVF (Simulated Optical Viewfinder) mode can be used to expand the live view dynamic range to suit working in bright, contrast-rich lighting.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, as well as making front-facing selfies.
- Magnesium-alloy body design is hermetically-sealed for resistance against dust and moisture to better enable working in harsh environments, as well as freezing temperatures down to 14°F.
- The included FL-LM3 external flash is also dust and splashproof to match the camera's resistance to harsh weather.Dual SD memory card slots afford greater flexibility in regard to how files are saved, and also enable a greater overall capacity for longer shooting sessions.
- USB 3.0 Type-C port avails fast connection and transfer speeds, as well as enables tethered shooting capabilities with Olympus Capture.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera
- Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 Lens
- Olympus FL-LM3 Flash
- BLH-1 Lithium-Ion Battery
- BCH-1 Lithium-Ion Battery Charger
- Shoulder Strap
- USB Cable
- Lens Pouch
- Flash Pouch
- Lens Front, Rear Caps and Tulip Lens Hood