Physically, the GR III looks familiarly compact, but incorporates a redesigned control scheme to promote a larger, more comfortable grip while maintaining easy access to physical controls. A 3.0" 1.037m-dot LCD is used for image composition, playback, and menu navigation, and its touchscreen design offers intuitive control along with Touch AF capabilities. Additionally, built-in Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi can be used to pair with a mobile device for quick, wireless transferring of files to your smartphone or tablet.
Prime Wide-Angle Lens
A fixed prime 18.3mm lens offers a comfortable 28mm equivalent wide-angle lens, which is complemented by a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. The optical construction incorporates six elements in four groups, including two aspherical elements that help to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering. Two focusing modes also suit working with general subjects, from 3.9" to infinity, while a dedicated macro setting benefits working with close-up subjects within a 2.4-4.7" range. An internal two stop-effective (ND 0.6) filter is also available for either slowing the shutter speed or permitting working with a wider aperture setting, and the lens has a nine-blade diaphragm to contribute to a smooth bokeh quality. Additionally, the redeveloped lens design also results in greater contrast and measures 1.5mm thinner than previous GR/GR II digital cameras.
- The hallmark feature of the GR-series has been its compact, pocketable size while still retaining a large image sensor and bright prime lens.
- Integrated 3.0" 1.037m-dot LCD features a capacitive touchscreen design for intuitive, familiar operation during shooting, playback, and menu navigation.
- The rear layout of the camera has been completely redesigned and prioritizes a larger, more comfortable thumb grip along with easily accessible physical dials. Additionally, the ADJ lever, FN button, and Touch AF operations can be programmed to handle specific assignable functions for more personalized control.
- Start-up time has been reduced to 0.8 sec and Hybrid AF performance has been quickened for more seamless operation.
- Integrated Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi afford wireless connectivity between the camera and a paired mobile device and allows you to embed location info within your files as well as transfer files to your mobile device, even when the camera is turned off.
- Included DB-110 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 200 shots per charge.
- Ricoh GR III Street Edition Digital Camera
- GN-1 Ring Cap (Street Edition)
- Ricoh GN-1 Ring Cap (Black)
- Ricoh DB-110 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (3.6V, 1350mAh)
- Power Adapter
- AC Plug
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Hand Strap