Blending Speed and Resolution
Proving that speed, resolution, and video capabilities can all coexist, the Sony a7R IIIA is a versatile, high-performance camera characterized by not only its resolution, but by its multimedia versatility.
42.4 MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
Featuring a back-illuminated design, the full-frame 42.4-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor works with the BIONZ X image processor to offer high-resolution stills and video while minimizing noise and improving speed. This sensor structure works with gapless on-chip lens design and an anti-reflection coating, as well as eliminating the optical low-pass filter, to improve light collection and enhance detail. Also, the copper wiring layer dramatically improves data transmission speed for creating 14-bit, high-resolution 42.4-megapixel stills with a native sensitivity range from ISO 100-32000, which can be further expanded to ISO 50-102400. Also, it enables internal UHD 4K video recording with a wide dynamic range using the full width of the full-frame sensor. The BIONZ X processor also works in conjunction with a high-speed front-end LSI to realize faster processing times along with the ability to capture an impressive 15-stop dynamic range at low sensitivity values.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
An evolved 4D FOCUS system now employs a combination of 399 phase-detection points, which cover approximately 68% of the frame, along with 425 contrast-detection areas for reliable and quick autofocus and subject tracking performance. This Fast Hybrid AF System now achieves twice the focusing speed and more reliable tracking compared to previous a7R models, as well as improved low-light focusing response down to -3 EV.
- Lock-on AF maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject
- Expand Flexible Spot employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus
- Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized human subjects eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes, for both stills and video. Eye AF can be used when photographing animal subjects, too, with any focusing mode when shooting stills
- Focus Magnifier function can be used for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details
- Rear touchscreen can also be used for Touch Focus control, and a Touchpad Focus Control mode lets you use the rear screen intuitively while keeping your eye to the viewfinder
- For more personalized control over focus, and benefitting working in either vertical or horizontal shooting orientation, the AF area can be switched in orientation to better suit your subject matter
- AF tracking sensitivity can also be customized in five steps to match how a subject is moving
- Frequently used focus point settings can be memorized and recalled with a custom button for faster switching between focus settings
Sony 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens
The 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E-Mount from Sigma is a versatile wide-angle to portrait-length zoom characterized by its f/2.8 constant maximum aperture. The design suits working in available lighting conditions while affording increased control over depth of field. More lightweight and compact than similar 24-70mm lenses, it's optical design incorporates two FLD and two SLD low-dispersion elements plus three aspherical elements that reduce a variety of aberrations to achieve high sharpness, enhanced clarity, and improved color accuracy. It features just one lightweight focusing element, which keeps the AF unit small. This, along with a quiet and fast stepping motor, makes for responsive and near-silent autofocus performance, an ideal combination for filmmakers looking for a high-performance, lightweight, and easy-to-handle camera system that works well with a gimbal or other accessories.
In the box:
- Sony a7R IIIA Mirrorless Camera
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Sony Battery Charger
- Shoulder Strap
- Sony Body Cap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Sony 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens
- Sony Lens Hood
- Sony Front Lens Cap
- Sony Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- 64GB Memory Card
- Camera Case