With three app-driven modes that instantly configure the color touchscreen for podcasting, music production, or location recording, the Zoom H8 portable handheld recorder lets you quickly record up to eight simultaneous input signals via a workflow that's highly optimized for your task. Plus, it's compatible with an array of capsules (available separately) for easy expansion into 10-input recording, Ambisonics 360-degree audio, and more.
Like other H-Series Handy recorders such as the H5 and H6, you can hold the H8 in your hand, attach it to a mic stand or tripod, or mount it to a camera (shoe mount available separately); the H8 packs an impressive array of features into a lightweight body that's more than ready to meet the varied demands of podcasters, musicians, sound designers, and content creators. The bundled Cubase LE and WaveLab Cast software programs give you the tools you need to edit, refine, export, and upload your projects.
App-Driven Touchscreen Operating the H8 is extremely intuitive and user-friendly thanks to the 2.4" color LCD touchscreen and the three app-driven modes optimized for podcasting, music, and field recording workflows at the touch of the screen.
- Podcast App: With four mic channels and two sound pad channels readily available, the Podcast app makes high-quality podcast production easy. Use the 13 pre-loaded sounds or load your own from an SD card to trigger sound effects, music beds, and more from the dedicated Sound Pads.
- Music App: Record up to 10 input tracks, overdub, mix, and enhance your recordings with EQ and compression, all while the Music app puts important controls such as audio levels, faders, and metering at your fingertips. Plus, you can connect to Zoom’s Guitar Lab via USB to access a vast assortment of amps and effects.
- Field App: Designed for location sound, sound design, conferences, and more, the Field app gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. It also lets you quickly adjust input type, lo-cut filtering, compression, limiting, the noise gate, and other key settings.
X/Y Stereo Microphone Capsule
Leave your external mics at home and travel light; the H8 includes a stereo microphone capsule equipped with two unidirectional mics. With nothing more than the H8, you're set to record speech, practice sessions, concerts, or ambient and environmental sounds, even ear-rattling ones up to 136 dB!
Zoom Capsule System 2.0
Zoom’s Capsule System 2.0 allows up to four channels of audio to be added to the H8's capsule connection, creating new ways to expand your recording capabilities through the addition of new separately available capsules.
In the Box:
- Zoom H8 8-Input / 12-Track Portable Handy Recorder
- Zoom XYH-6 - X/Y Microphone Capsule for Zoom H5 and H6 Field Recorders
- 4 x AA Batteries
- Download License for Steinberg Cubase LE
- Download License for Steinberg WaveLab Cast
- Zoom H8 8-Input / 12-Track Digital Handy Audio Recorder
- XLR(M) - XLR(M) Balanced Adapter
- 3.5mm(F) - 1/4"(M) Stereo Adapter
- TRS(F) - 3.5mm(M) Stereo Adapter
- 8mm XLR Microphone Cable Male to Female 10 Ft Fully Balanced Premium Mic Cable
- 10ft 1/4" TRS - 1/4" TRS Cable
- 3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRS Adapter Cable, 9ft
- 32GB Memory Card