Zoom M4 MicTrak Stereo Microphone and Recorder
Offering a fantastically compact and affordable all-in-one audio recording solution for filmmakers, musicians, podcasters, and content creators, the M4 MicTrak from Zoom delivers four tracks of crystal clear, clip-free audio thanks to its quality, stereo X/Y mic capsule with cardioid pickup pattern, two combo XLR-1/4" TRS inputs with up to +48V phantom power, and sampling rates up to 192 kHz / 32-bit floating point. The M4 supports four modes of time code input via an auxiliary 3.5mm stereo jack, with precision down to 0.2 ppm, a vital utility for any documentary filmmaker or content creator that needs to match audio to video with high accuracy.
The M4 sports a 3.5mm headphone output for real-time monitoring, a powerful mono speaker, a 3.5mm stereo line output, and a vibrant full-color LCD display for adjusting and monitoring your recordings. The M4 can run on four AA batteries for up to 18 hours of continuous operation as well as USB-C bus power and the optional Zoom AD-17 AC adapter (sold separately).
The M4 MicTrak is designed to fuse the professional guts and features of the F-Series recorders with the convenience and portable form factor of the Handy Series. This middle road allows the M4 to provide excellent functionality at an attractive price, while remaining easy to carry to any recording scenario.
- 32-bit floating point recording provides excellent headroom and helps to avoid clipping issues
- High max SPL of 135 dB SPL delivers further protection against clipping for loud sound sources, such as performances, crowds, or instruments
- Up to 18 hours of battery life for improved operating time and multiple power options, including AA battery, USB bus power, or AC adapter (sold separately)
- Dual AD converter circuits, derived from the F-Series, make manual input gain adjustment unnecessary
- Support for broadcast- and film-quality BWF wav format as well as iXML for inclusion of location metadata on files or IP audio streams
- High-precision time code input support and generation with four modes (Internal Free Run, Internal Record Run, Internal RTC Run, External)
- Easy-to-read, full-color LCD display
- Built-in microSD card reader for storage up to 1 TB
- Up to four channels of recording (two X/Y mic tracks and two XLR-1/4" input tracks)
- 3.5mm TRS input for lavalier microphones
The M4 MicTrak is ideal for a wide range of portable sound recording applications from audio for video uses like filmmaking, on-site reporting, and video-based content creation, to podcasting, streaming, sound collage, and interviews. With the ability to record up to four simultaneous tracks, the M4 can also be a useful asset for musicians, providing a highly portable recording device that can capture a multi-mic, multi-track recording setup while minimizing the number of external microphones required. The USB-C connection makes it easy to both power the device and use it as a nearly pocket-sized audio interface with ultrahigh capture rates up to 192 kHz.
This Kit includes the following:
- Zoom M4 MicTrak Stereo Microphone and Recorder
- 32GB microSDHC Memory Card with Adapter
- Samson SR350 Over-Ear Stereo Headphones
- Music Maker Mix and Master Suite Software
- XLR Microphone Cable Male to Female
- Instrument Cable 1/4 Inch to 1/4 Inch Straight Connectors
- Battery & Charger