- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- 3.2" 1.037m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 4800DX 39-Point AF Sensor
- ISO 100-25600 and 5 fps Shooting
- SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with NFC
- Time-Lapse Movie Recording
- Nikon D5600 Digital SLR Camera
- Battery, Charger
andStrap (Everything included by the manufacturer)
- 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR AF-P DX Nikkor Lens
- AF-P DX 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens
Compact, capable, and connected, the Nikon D5600 is a sleek DSLR that blends multimedia imaging capabilities with versatile wireless technology. Centered around a 24.2MP DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor, the camera offers a sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600 to benefit working in an array of lighting conditions, and the sensor and processor combination also supports continuous shooting up to 5 fps for working with moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported up to 60 fps, and time-lapse movies can be created in-camera, too.
While slender in stature, the D5600 does feature a large 3.2" 1.037m-dot rear LCD touchscreen and utilizes a vari-angle design to better facilitate working from high and low shooting angles. Additionally, SnapBridge is also featured, which can utilize Bluetooth low energy technology for wireless sharing of photos to your mobile device, including automatic transferring of resized images between the camera and your mobile device for seamless online sharing. Wi-Fi with NFC is featured, too, for larger file transfers, such as movies, to a linked device.
24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
The 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 processor work together to produce overall high image quality with notable detail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity to ISO 25600. Additionally, the sensor's design omits an optical low-pass filter in order to acquire the greatest amount sharpness and detail from subjects. The EXPEED 4 processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including support for Full HD 1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps.
SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D5600 features built-in SnapBridge connectivity to permit seamless transferring of imagery to a mobile device. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology enables communication between the camera and a smart device and allows for automatic low-resolution image transfers as you shoot. SnapBridge requires a one-time setup and also works in conjunction with Nikon Image Space for backing up files and sharing imagery, and can also tag transferred images with date, time, and location info for keeping track of your journey. Additionally, once linked, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
In addition to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi with NFC is also available and allows for wirelessly sharing both full-resolution photos and movies to smartphones or tablets. SnapBridge will automatically switch between the two technologies for a seamless wireless workflow.
Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
Benefitting the high image quality is an apt AF system that employs 39 distinct AF points, including nine cross-type sensors, to quickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions, from -1 to +19 EV. A unique 3D-tracking mode utilizes the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor, typically reserved for exposure metering, in order to maintain a sharp focus on moving subjects. To better suit specific subject matter when working in AF-A or AF-C focus modes, Dynamic-area AF mode allows you to choose from 9, 21, or 39-point arrays for enhanced subject tracking and recognition, even if the subject briefly leaves the frame. Single-point AF, 3D-tracking, and Auto-area AF modes are also available.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Additionally, four AF-area modes are available when working in live view: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
- Rear 3.2" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD serves as an intuitive means for navigating settings menus and playback, as well as when shooting in live view. The screen also uses a vari-angle design to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Eye-level pentamirror optical viewfinder provides a natural means for composing stills.
- The rear touchscreen can be used while shooting with the optical viewfinder and allows you to choose the focus point or adjust exposure settings. Additionally, during playback, the touchscreen enables navigating your imagery using a frame advance bar for quickly scrolling through numerous photos and movies.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe is also available for working with an optional external flash.
Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in 60, 30, 25, and 24 fps frame rates, as well as HD 720p and SD 480p in multiple frame rates, in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording, full-time autofocus can be employed, with face-detection and subject-tracking capabilities, for ensured sharpness with a wide variety of subject types. A built-in stereo microphone can be used to record high-quality sound or, alternatively, a 3.5mm microphone input is integrated into the body design to support the use of an external microphone for enhanced control over audio recordings.
- Additionally, Time-Lapse Movie recording is also supported for producing creative portrayals of subjects changing over periods of time. This mode will automatically format your image sequences into movie files for seamless playback.
AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lenses
Included with the camera body is the standard zoom AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-82.5mm. Featuring an integrated pulse stepping motor, this lens exhibits exceptionally smooth, fast, and quiet autofocus performance to suit both stills and video recording. The optical design incorporates a pair of aspherical elements and a Super Integrated Coating is also featured to suppress lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, this lens also features Vibration Reduction image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld.
Also included with
Other Camera Features
- Scene modes: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-Up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, and Food
- Special effects modes: Night Vision, Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Picture Control modes: Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat, and Custom.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4 processor's power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
Stand out from the crowd with photos and videos so impressive, they'll inspire you to keep shooting and learning. Out of the box, you can leave things up to the camera and immediately start taking great photos and videos without the learning curve. As your skills develop, the D5600 offers plenty of room to grow with exceptional image quality, intuitive controls and powerful tools for pushing the boundaries of your creativity as far as they'll bend. Unlike others, with a battery lasting over 970 shots per charge, you'll be able to keep shooting all day long.FEATURES: Your photos never looked so good - You'll want to share every shot once you see the extraordinary detail, clarity and low noise you can achieve with the D5600 and a versatile NIKKOR kit lens. Its large high-resolution sensor and broad ISO range help deliver high-quality photos and videos in nearly any condition, from sunny skies to dimly-lit concerts. And with a wide range of interchangeable NIKKOR lenses at your disposal, images with stunning background blur and richly-toned contrasts are yours for the taking. Shoot and share - With SnapBridge, your photos instantly transfer to a compatible smartphone or tablet for fast, easy sharing into the shot - Use your smartphone as a camera remote to compose and snap portraits from a distance. Free cloud storage - Stop wondering where your pictures are stored. Find them all on Nikon Image Space-securely and automatically