The final piece in the image chain is Canon's DIGIC DV 4 image processor. This high-speed image-processing engine powers Canon's Dynamic IS (Image Stabilization) mode reducing image distortion over traditional up-down, left-right image stabilization by adding correction for camera roll in three axes. The power of the DIGIC DV 4 allows the camera to simultaneously encode your video to two different codecs and bit rates, allowing you to have web-ready versions of your master footage available as soon as you stop recording.
The XA11 features both a 3.5" OLED touch panel view screen with a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, and a color electronic viewfinder with 1,560,000 dots of resolution. The camera features full manual control and auto modes for exposure, focus, white balance, gain, and shutter speed. The camera provides professional features such as a pre-record buffer, peaking, zebra bars, color bars, and reference tone. The zoom speed is adjustable with variable, constant (with 16 different speed levels), fast, normal, and slow settings. The camera features a detachable top handle with zoom toggle, record start/stop, IR emitter, tally light, accessory shoe, external mic holder, two XLR connectors with phantom power, and manual audio level controls. The XA11 includes a built-in headphone jack and Mini HDMI connector, and it outputs composite video and audio via a 3.5mm mini-jack.
Two built-in SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slots allow you to record video to available media cards in both slots at the same time. This allows you to create an instant backup copy for archiving and data protection. You can also capture high-resolution AVCHD or MP4 video files on one card while creating a lower data rate MP4 more suitable for the web on the other card. When using two media cards and the camera is in Relay mode, there is no need to stop shooting to swap out a full media card; when one card becomes full, recording seamlessly switches to the other card.
- Photo capture: The XA11 offers the ability to capture 1920 x 1080 still images. Photos may be captured to an SD memory card during recording, as well as "frame-grabbed" during playback.
- Pre-record: The XA11 continuously buffers approximately three seconds of video in memory. When you begin recording, the contents of the buffer memory are added allowing you to capture footage before you press record.
- Intelligent battery system: The XA11 is compatible with Canon's Intelligent lithium-ion batteries, which communicate remaining running time (down to the minute) to the user.
- Language support: The XA11 supports 27 languages: Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hungarian, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Finnish, Swedish, Turkish, Russian, Ukrainian, Arabic, Farsi, Thai, Chinese (simplified characters), Chinese (traditional characters), Korean, and Japanese.
- Canon XA11 Compact Full HD Camcorder with HDMI and Composite Output
- Canon CA-570 Compact AC Power Adapter
- Canon BP-820 Lithium-Ion Single Battery Pack
- Mic Holder (with Mounting Screw)
- Handle Unit
- Lens Hood with Barrier
- Lens Cap
- Filter Kit
- Two 64GB Memory Card
- 120 LED Light Panel
- 60" Tripod
- 3pc Cleaning Kit