Besides the imaging assets, this advanced DSLR also features an impressive handling design that incorporates a 3.2", 2.36m-dot, tilting LCD touchscreen, which affords a comfortable means for working from high and low angles. An updated version of SnapBridge is also featured, which provides Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC, as well as Bluetooth Low Energy technology for linking your mobile device for wireless image sharing. In addition to the convenience features, the D500 is housed within a durable magnesium alloy chassis that is both dust- and weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions and harsh environments.
Furthering the versatility of the focusing system, seven different AF-area modes can be selected to support varying types of subjects matter:
- Single-Point AF: The camera uses a single point to find focus.
- Dynamic-Area AF: Available with 25, 72, or 153-point selections, this mode uses a primary single focus point to lock onto focus, and then makes use of the surrounding points for maintaining focus while tracking erratically-moving subjects.
- Group-Area AF: This mode treats smaller groups of AF points as a single point for a wider field of recognition, and is well-suited to tracking faces or other detailed subjects.
- 3D-Tracking: Using a subject's color information, this mode utilizes all 153 points to maintain focus on a moving subject while half-pressing the shutter button.
- Auto-Area AF: This mode makes use of all 153 points to quickly identify the main subject, and then prioritizes recognized faces as portrait subjects in any AF servo mode.
SnapBridge Wi-Fi Connectivity
Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D500 features built-in SnapBridge Wi-Fi connectivity to enable seamless transfer of imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE – Bluetooth Low Energy technology enables communication between the camera and a smart device. Additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported to provide a quick and simple tap-to-connect method for linking your mobile devices with the camera.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR normal zoom lenses covering the 18-55mm range of focal lengths (effective angles of view equivalent to those of a lens with 27-82.5mm focal lengths in FX and 35mm  formats. This is the first "AF-P" lenses for Nikon digital SLR cameras, utilizing stepping motors to drive AF for fast and quiet autofocusing. In addition, they have a compact and lightweight design for which retractable barrels were adopted for portability, and the use of two aspherical lens elements has resulted in optical performance with which various types of aberration, including distortion and spherical aberration, are effectively suppressed.
In the Box
- Nikon D500 DSLR Camera
- Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
- Nikon EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery
- Nikon MH-25A Battery Charger
- Nikon Eyepiece
- USB Cable Clip
- Nikon Camera Strap
- Nikon Body Cap