The dynamic 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A2 RXD Len
s from Tamron
is a fast-aperture ultra wide-angle zoom lens for Sony E-mount APS-C mirrorless cameras. It features the world's first f/2.8 maximum aperture for Sony E-mount APS-C mirrorless in this category and has a compact and lightweight design. This ultra-wide lens is particularly suitable for landscape, astrophotography, and architectural shooting. Its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture complements this range and affords increased control over depth of field along with enhanced low-light performance. The optical design incorporates one XLD element, two LD elements, and two glass-molded aspherical elements to produce a highly corrected image with reduced chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy. Individual elements also feature Tamron's BBAR coating, which suppresses flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in backlit and harsh lighting conditions. A responsive RXD stepping drive motor enables quick, near silent autofocus performance to suit stills and video. The minimum object distance is just 5.9" at the widest end of the zoom range, unlocking powerful wide-angle macro shooting capability with a unique perspective that makes near objects look larger, and distant objects smaller. Additionally, the f/2.8 maximum aperture produces a shallower depth-of-field that creates soft bokeh background details. Moisture-resistant construction protect the lens under inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating on the front lens element protects against dust, dirt, and smearing.
In the Box
- Versatile ultra wide-angle zoom for Sony E-mount APS-C-format mirrorless cameras with a 35mm equivalent focal length range of 17-30mm.
- Bright, constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over depth of field.
- XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion), LD (Low Dispersion), and GM (Glass-Molded Aspherical) elements greatly reduce color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and image distortion throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- BBAR-G2 (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating has been applied to lens elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity.
- RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) autofocus motor delivers impressively quiet, quick, and smooth focusing performance to suit both still and video applications. Compatible with Sony's Direct Manual Focus function and Eye AF on enabled cameras, and full-time manual focus override is available.
- The minimum focusing distance of 5.9" at 11mm makes it possible to explore dynamic wide-angle macro imaging, making close objects appear larger and distant objects smaller. Additionally, using the f/2.8 maximum aperture produces a shallow depth of field with soft bokeh background details.
- Designed and built with moisture-resistant construction for use in inclement conditions, plus a fluorine coating on the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Tamron 11-20mm f/2.8 Di III-A RXD Lens for Sony E
- Petal-Type Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
This Kit includes the following:
- UV Filter
- Colored Filter Kit
- Tulip lens Hood
- Lens Tissue
- Portable Card Set
- Lens Pen
- Dust Blower
- Cleaning Kit