Like other H-Series Handy recorders such as the H5 and H6, you can hold it in your hand, attach it to a mic stand or tripod, or mount it to a camera (shoe mount available separately). Springing from the foundation of the original H1, the H1n packs an array of workflow and performance upgrades into a rugged body that's more than ready to meet the varied demands of videographers, musical artists, podcasters, and more. From its plentiful battery life to its multiple audio-enhancing functions, the H1n is well equipped for tracking live performances, rehearsals, and demos, or for recording sound effects, interviews, and ambience. It can supply plug-in power for a condenser lavalier mic, or accept a direct line-level connection from a mixer or wireless receiver. No matter the source, selectable auto-recording and pre-recording ensure that you'll never miss the start of a take.
What's New on the H1n
- Operability is simplified via one-touch buttons, a dedicated gain dial, and an improved display.
- A built-in limiter protects against distortion caused by overloads.
- Auto-record, pre-record, and self-timer functions enhance your workflow and prevent cutting off the start of recordings.
- Unlimited overdubbing allows layering new performances on an existing recording.
- Playback speed is adjustable for transcribing, studying, and learning pieces of music or quickly scanning through long takes.
- An integrated tone generator makes it easy to calibrate your H1n and camera audio levels.
- Two AAA batteries (alkaline, NiMH, or lithium) can power the H1n, whereas the H1 utilized one alkaline or NiMH AA battery.
- Additional protection around the microphones inhibits extraneous noises caused by physical contact with the capsules.
- Zoom H1n 2-Input / 2-Track Portable Handy Recorder with Onboard X/Y Microphone (Black)
- 2 x AAA Batteries
- Set of Download Codes for Cubase LE and WaveLab LE
- Vivitar Ultra Mini Lavalier Streaming Microphone
- AA Batteries