Housed within a weather-resistant barrel, this lens also features fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements for protection against fingerprints and smudges from affecting image quality. Zoom control is complemented by a dedicated tension ring for adjusting zoom torque. Additionally, other refined design elements include a tripod collar that can be attached or detached with the lens mounted to the camera and an included lens hood that permits easy control over specialty filters with the hood in place.
- Telephoto zoom is compatible with full-frame EF-mount DSLRs, as well as APS-C-format models where it provides a 160-640mm equivalent focal length range.
- One fluorite element and one Super Ultra-Low Dispersion element help to correct chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- An Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, three dedicated image stabilization modes are available—Standard, Panning, and During Exposure Only—and can be selectively employed to suit a variety of types of shooting.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- The rotation-type zoom ring offers precise adjustment between zoom positions, especially when shooting handheld, and a zoom torque adjustment ring enables easy setting of the zoom tension for personalized control.
- A weather-resistant design protects the lens from dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions. Additionally, fluorine coatings have also been applied to the front and rear lens elements for further protection against fingerprints and smudging.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- A redeveloped tripod collar can be attached or detached from the lens without having to remove the lens from the camera.
- The included ET-83D lens hood incorporates a side window for easier adjustment of rotating filters with the hood in place.
- Back Pack
- Professional Cleaning Kit
- 62" Monopod
*Note: The backpack would not fit this lens but would fit a camera body and standard camera lenses.*