Taking a concept that originated with the ZV-1, the ZV-E10 is the mirrorless continuation of this idea of a camera built around the concept of vlogging. It's a highly capable and portable camera but incorporates a series of design choices and shooting modes that are ideal for single-person productions. A vari-angle screen lets you accurately frame up shots, the integrated directional mic is purpose-built for recording more accurate sound from front-facing subjects, and shooting modes like Background Defocus and Product Showcase help you highlight specific subjects with ease.
In terms of specs, the ZV-E10 revolves around a 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor, which enables UHD 4K video recording up to 30p, Full HD recording at 120p, and stills shooting up to 11 fps. Sensitivity ranges from 100-32000 for working in a variety of lighting conditions and the sensor's design also integrates a 425-point Fast Hybrid AF system for accurate tracking and detection of subjects.
The body design is reminiscent of Sony's other Alpha E-mount cameras and features an intuitive control layout along with the functional 3.0" vari-angle touchscreen LCD for intuitive settings control and framing. With audio being a main concern of vlogging and creative content, the ZV-E10 focuses on this aspect of recording by including a 3-capsule directional mic into the camera design as well as incorporating both 3.5mm mic and headphone ports and having the top Multi Interface shoe support a digital audio interface for improved audio quality.
Wireless and Sharing
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and, using Smart Remote Control, remotely control the camera's shutter release.
- The ZV-E10 is also compatible with the Movie Edit add-on from the Imaging Edge mobile app.
- Bluetooth connectivity enables connecting to the optional GP-VPT2BT Wireless Shooting Grip for efficient camera control.
Blending a sleek form-factor with a versatile working range, the 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD from Tamron is a full-frame-compatible lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Spanning wide-angle to portrait-length, a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture complements this range and affords increased control over depth of field along with enhanced low-light performance. The optical design incorporates a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements, which produce a highly corrected image with reduced spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity. Elements also feature Tamron's BBAR coating, which suppresses flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in backlit and harsh lighting conditions. Benefitting the optical design is an RXD stepping motor, which enables quick, near-silent autofocus performance to suit stills and video, along with full-time manual focus override and a minimum focusing distance of 7.5". Suiting this lens's use in harsh climates, it also sports a moisture-resistant construction along with a fluorine-coated front element to protect against fingerprints and smudging.In the Box
- Sony ZV-E10 Mirrorless Camera
- Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
- Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens
- Sony Lithium-Ion rechargeable Battery
- Body Cap
- Sony AC Adapter
- Shoulder Strap
- Wind Screen