Record in Cardioid for live-streaming, conduct interviews with a guest using Figure-8, record multiple people with Omnidirectional, and use Stereo for things like instrumental performances and ASMR.
Whatever content you create, you'll be able to monitor your audio in real time right from the mic over its 3.5mm connection. The mic comes with a convenient desktop stand so you can set it up as soon as you get it home.
Four Polar Patterns
- Stereo: Picks up the sound from left and right sides, ideal for capturing a realistic, general sound
- Cardioid: Maximizes the rejection of sound coming from the sides and rear of the mic and can be used as a directional microphone to capture full, rich, natural-sounding audio for podcasting, dialogue, and instruments
- Omnidirectional: Responds to sound equally from all directions, capturing a natural blend of voice and ambience with low sensitivity to wind, handling noise, and vocal plosives
- Bidirectional: Picks up sound at the front and rear of the microphone while rejecting sound at the sides, well suited for capturing instruments or two-person interviews
- Use this mic on Mac or Windows computers—just plug it in and get started
The multiple mic modes allow virtually any kind of content creator to do their thing with precision and ease. Use Cardioid to reject off axis noise, minimizing room tone while you speak directly into the mic. If you're recording with one other guest, select the Bidirectional polar pattern; now you can speak into the front, while the guest speaks into the back, and the sides of the mic will reject unwanted room noise. Choose Omnidirectional to pick up audio all around the capsule, which is great for work that features multiple voices. Finally, a Stereo mode is wonderful for ASMR content, or for recording music. A desktop stand and a USB cable are included.
All the Control You Need, Built Right In
The mic features controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, mute, and microphone gain—putting you in charge of every level of the recording process. If you're experiencing distortion or feedback while recording an especially loud source, simply adjust the microphone's sensitivity with the gain control. Or, if you want to take a break in the middle of a podcast, use the mute button.
3.5mm Headphone Jack
Simply plug your headphones into the mic's 3.5mm output, and you'll hear your broadcast-quality audio in all its glory.
Broadcast-Quality Digital Capture
The mic records audio at 16-bit / 48 kHz, giving you the broadcast standard for media playback.
Simple to Setup
Just plug the mic into your computer's USB port with the included USB cable, select it as a device in your recording software, and you're ready to get to work. The mic runs off your device's power, so no need to plug it into a wall. With driver-free operation, you won't have to download pesky software to get it up and running.
All the Hardware You Need Included
The mic comes with a desktop stand and a USB cable, so you can get up and running right away.
In the Box
- BOYA BY-PM700 Multipattern USB Microphone (Mac/Windows)
- USB Cable