Balancing the versatile imaging features, the D850 is also equally refined in its physical design. A large optical pentaprism offering a wide field of view and 0.75x magnification affords photographers a bright, clear, and realistic view for critical shooting needs. Conversely, a 3.2" 2.36m-dot LCD touchscreen is also available for live view shooting, playback, and menu navigation, and features a tilting design to suit working from high and low angles. A weather-sealed design is also employed, to suit working in a variety of environmental conditions, and the optional MB-D18 grip can be added to boost overall shooting times and continuous shooting rates. Additionally, built-in SnapBridge allows for wireless sharing of low-resolution imagery and remote live view use on a linked mobile device, and an optional WT-7a Wireless Transmitter can also be used for faster wireless transferring of files.
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering III utilizes a 180,000-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine an accurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance.
Other Camera Features
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities.
- BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Faster wireless transfer is possible using the optional WT-7a Wireless Transmitter.
- A Negative Digitizer mode is specifically designed for photographing film negatives and slides to convert them to high-resolution digital files. This mode is intended to be used with the optional AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens and the ES-2 Slide Copying Adapter.
- Focus Shift Mode benefits working with focus stacking techniques by automatically recording a series of images at up to 10 different focus steps. Up to 300 individual frames can be recorded within these 10 steps, with the D850 automatically shifting focus between each shot to achieve an extended depth of field. The sequential images will be saved within a unique folder on the memory card in order to keep each series of exposures segregated for a faster and easier post-production workflow.
- In-camera shooting in the 1:1 square format and classic 4:5 format is possible, and the viewfinder will be automatically shaded during shooting in order to aid in more accurate composition.
- Raw files can be recorded in three separate sizes for expedited post-production, and in-camera raw file batch processing is also possible.
- The D850 is compatible with the radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting system, which permits working with the optional WR-R10 Controller and WR-A10 Receiver, along with the SB-5000, for intuitive, controllable wireless flash shooting.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Flat, Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and auto settings.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- Nikon D850 DSLR Camera
- Nikon Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Nikon Battery Charger
- Nikon AN-DC18 Camera Strap
- Nikon Body Cap
- Nikon Eyepiece
- HDMI/USB Cable Clip
- Limited 1-Year Warranty