Complementing the imaging capabilities, the a6100 features a 1.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for clear eye-level viewing. A rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot touchscreen LCD is also available and has a 180° tilting design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless sharing of imagery as well as remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- The SVGA Tru-Finder 1.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring.
- A 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen can be tilted 180° upward or 74° downward to suit working from high and low angles. The screen also incorporates White Magic technology with an RGBW pixel structure for increased brightness to support use in daylight conditions.
- The touchscreen design avails access to Touch Focus control, for immediate focus point selection, as well as a Touchpad function which lets you smoothly and intuitively select a focus point on the screen while you're looking into the viewfinder.
- Integrated 3.5mm microphone ports afford greater control over audio during video recording.
- The included NP-FW50 rechargeable lithium-ion is rated for approximately 420 shots per charge when working with the LCD screen.
- In addition to the battery, the a6100 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a6100 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
The Sigma 30mm 1.4 DC DN Contemporary lens is a high performance prime with a large aperture of F1.4 designed for APS-C Mirrorless cameras including Sony E mount and Micro Four Thirds. The Contemporary line is part of Sigma Global Vision and is the perfect blend of image quality and compact size. The large aperture is great for lowlight and for creating depth of field and its small size makes it highly portable. A stepping motor provides fast and accurate autofocus and is highly useful for video work. Like all SGV lenses, each lens is hand crafted in our single factory in Aizu Japan, individually inspected before shipping
In the Box:
- Sony Alpha a6100 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sigma 30mm 1.4 DC DN Contemporary
- Sony Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Sony AC Adapter
- Micro-USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap