Complementing the imaging capabilities, the a6100 features a 1.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for clear eye-level viewing. A rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot touchscreen LCD is also available and has a 180° tilting design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless sharing of imagery as well as remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- The SVGA Tru-Finder 1.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring.
- A 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen can be tilted 180° upward or 74° downward to suit working from high and low angles. The screen also incorporates White Magic technology with an RGBW pixel structure for increased brightness to support use in daylight conditions.
- The touchscreen design avails access to Touch Focus control, for immediate focus point selection, as well as a Touchpad function which lets you smoothly and intuitively select a focus point on the screen while you're looking into the viewfinder.
- Integrated 3.5mm microphone ports afford greater control over audio during video recording.
- The included NP-FW50 rechargeable lithium-ion is rated for approximately 420 shots per charge when working with the LCD screen.
- In addition to the battery, the a6100 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a6100 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- Sony Alpha a6100 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sony Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Sony AC Adapter
- Micro-USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
Blending a sleek form-factor with a versatile working range, the 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD from Tamron is a full-frame-compatible lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Spanning wide-angle to portrait-length, a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture complements this range and affords increased control over depth of field along with enhanced low-light performance. The optical design incorporates a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements, which produce a highly corrected image with reduced spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity. Elements also feature Tamron's BBAR coating, which suppresses flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in backlit and harsh lighting conditions. Benefitting the optical design is an RXD stepping motor, which enables quick, near-silent autofocus performance to suit stills and video, along with full-time manual focus override and a minimum focusing distance of 7.5". Suiting this lens's use in harsh climates, it also sports a moisture-resistant construction along with a fluorine-coated front element to protect against fingerprints and smudging.
This Kit includes the following:
- Sony 16-50mm Lens
- Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens for Sony E